Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog #6

In Steven Alexander’s blog, Building Your PLN- A Primer For Anyone, he talks about how many people are familiar with PLC’s. The school based groups meet to collaborate and work on learning for the kids. PLN, Personal Learning Network, is the same concept, but taking it to a global scale and expanding it outside of your school. Developing PLN’s help extend your thinking. You don’t have to know everything, but there is a network with thousands of educators to ask questions and converse with.

As a teacher I will encounter many questions throughout my life. Getting the answers will be through PLN’s. A PLN is a network that consists of people that interact together to exchange and receive information. I think PLN’s will be useful for when I am an educator. We don’t know everything so having a PLN will be helpful to get other information and to ask questions.

I have started my PLN’s, but it is not that big. I think having a Twitter, Blogger and doing C4K’s (Comment for Kids), would be very useful for my students. On Twitter, the students can get to know different things by what others tweet out. Also, they can learn from other professionals such as two teachers in EDM, Dr. Strange and Dr. Vitulli. Blogging is another tool I would use for my PLN. By blogging, it helps reach out to other students and teachers and get their feedback. I think the C4K’s are an awesome idea. The students will get to interact with each other on the internet and see what they are doing in their classes. Symbaloo is a great tool to have while organizing your PLN’s so that you can flip back and forth on the computer, but still have all your PLN’s up.

bloggertwitter

1 comment:

  1. Katherine,
    You are right as a teacher we will encounter questions throughout our lives. The PLNs will be a great help in our learning process. Great post I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete