Sunday, April 27, 2014

C4T #4

In Andrea Hernandez's blog Personalized Learning in a 1:1 Classroom: A Tour Through My Inbox, she explains briefly how 1:1 classroom works. She explains how she reaches her students through email and conducts lessons. All of the students work is done online. Mrs. Hernandez critiques their work and give hints and suggestions on how to make it better. I feel this is a good way to communicate with students since the students can not be in the classroom all the time. This provides a way for the teacher to always be available.

My name is Katherine Harvey and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I think using your email is a great way to interact with your students. It's provides the students with a way to contact you immediately. You can receive these email updates through your phone so that you can really from anywhere.

email

In Mrs. Hernandez's blog 5 Things I Wish Everyone Understood About Educational Technology, she explains that technology plays a big role with today's young students. Several students are more technologically advanced than middle aged people. Even still these students need guidance to learn how to utilize the technology to further their education. This means that as teachers, we have to get caught up with technology as well. She does not blame technology when it gets misused. This makes sense because the student is choosing to post hateful things on the internet. Mrs. Hernandez is a big fan of technology, but does believe that it has a dark side. There is a fine line between overusing technology and using it to expand students' minds.

My name is Katherine Harvey and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I agree with the comments made in this blog. There has to be a balance between using technology in productive ways. I agree with the point made about younger students knowing more about technology than most of the older people. I believe that we have to keep them engaged in learning technologies so they can continue to learn.

ipad

No comments:

Post a Comment